At Earlsfield Primary School, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our whole school community: our pupils, staff, governors, parents and carers.
Everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
Earlsfield is a school where all stakeholders are committed to promoting positive mental health and emotional wellbeing for all students, their families, members of staff and governors.
At Earlsfield, we are always trying to think of new ways to support children’s mental health and the worries they may have, whether it be using our Peer Listeners, ELSA (Emotional Literacy Support Assistant), nurture groups, Place2B, early help assessments (EHAs), liaising with parents/carers or simply providing time out for a child to speak to our Learning Mentor or a member of staff.
We are committed to:
- Promoting mental health as part of everyday school life
- Improving the emotional wellbeing of our staff and pupils
- Ensuring mental health problems are identified early and appropriate support provided
- Offering provision and interventions that matches the needs of our pupils and staff
- Promoting the importance of mental health awareness
- Capturing the views of parents, pupils and teachers on mental health issues.
Supporting Emotional Wellbeing
How we support our children.
Wave 1: Universal Prevention
Wave 2 Targetted Identification
Wave 3 Specialist Intervention